Thursday, September 4, 2008

McCain's speech (in case you missed it)

Here are the highlights:
Highlights of mc cain speech

- POW intro, followed by ten minutes of boring church revival cheers and chants
- George Bush is awesome
- Times are tough…no plan yet…wait for it…
- But first, I love Sarah Palin, she accomplished stuff. She’s so awesome, she will change things. Change how? Oh yeah, let me think…
- Oh yeah, senior moment, lol…times are tough. But I’m a maverick. You remember that word? It means I am a badass.
- I fought union bosses and bad men.
- Let me tell you about some retards. Retards can vote, I’m tapping into the retard vote. (Isn’t that what this convention is for?)
- Let’s talk about the war and how Republicans can fight.
- A bunch of democrats and republicans fucked up…but that’s obama’s fault. We’re going to change that (somehow)
- I want to be like Lincoln, (somehow)
- Non-enthusiastic remark about Latinos. Oh oops, you guys are all KKK members? I forgot, you are republicans after all.
- We’re going to keep jobs from going overseas via trickle down economics…that worked last time, right?
- We need smarter Americans…if you’re unemployed, again, you’re on your own
- You could try going to community college. We could help you out a little.
- Charter schools are awesome. Public schools teach evolution, they are icky. They have unions in them.
- Let’s drill some more shit. We’ll have oil in 15 years.
- Don’t worry, I’ll talk about some alternative energy. But that’s just as despicable to me as alternative lifestyles.
- Al-quaeda, blah blah blah, Iran, blah blah blah, Russia, blah blah blah. Weren’t we looking for Bin Laden at some point? Fuck it, we’re just going to go to war with Russia and Iran.
- The world is dangerous. Don’t worry your pretty little head, I’ll take care of it, just give me your teenagers. Mmm.. fresh blood.
- Another POW reference
- USA USA USA
- Did I tell you I was a POW. POW, Vietnam, POW, Vietnam. Did I tell you I was a POW. Stand up, dammit. Let me tell you about another 15 minutes about me being a POW. Is this relevant to the campaign, or is this just alzheimers?
- My country saved me, and now I make over $5 million a year. Woo hoo, I’m upper middle class.
- I’m going to pick a fight in the street after this.


We’re going to go to Warshington. Warshington won’t know what’s coming.

Gosh for once in my life, I’m ready for bed at 9 pm.




2 comments:

Akubi said...

Gosh for once in my life, I’m ready for bed at 9 pm.
That is exactly how I felt after surviving the RNC.

However, you did miss the lime green screen of failure I mentioned on EN and such.

Carissa Marquez said...

I know!! Had I caught onto that fact during the speech, I probably would have discounted the speech at least another 30%. (It was already deeply discounted though)

Some of these failures make me wonder if there is a conspiracy theory abound in the Republican party to throw the campaign, or if they really are that clueless.