Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Craigslist: a good place for shock value

Ok, warning, DO NOT open any of these links at work, or if you find the human form offensive (Particluarly the VERY hairy human form)

So I love craigslist, as you well know by now. And if you hear me in the other room shouting "Eww!!" "Eek" or "Nasty", you know there is only one section I'm reading: The M4M. If there were ever proof that men and women are ultimately looking for something different in life, I think just reading the M4M versus the W4W section is the ultimate proof. Most of the women are looking for a long-term relationship, where as most of the men, well, let me give you some headline examples:
Hot cock now! - 26 -
Daddy Bear up and Horny! - 44 -

And let me tell you, you don't click on anything with a picture, unless you are truly ready for anything. Even something as simple, as "Grand Hyatt hotel" can lead to the wormiest, hairiest man on record. I guess I must like being some kind of outside observer of nasty trainwrecks. I have to wonder how many of these ads work. Maybe by the sheer volume of them in Denver, they must work somewhat. Much more than ads like this:

Politically minded college student - 24

Bummer he's gay, he sounds like fun.

No comments: