Saturday, September 20, 2008

Craigslist rant and rave posting school: Lesson 1

Lesson 1: Introduction to posting a compelling argument


There is no better proof that George Bush's No Child Left Behind Act, was a complete and utter failure than a quick perusal of the craigslist.org "Rant and Raves" section. This is the meeting ground for the functionally illiterate to create musings that are mostly non-sense.

Take for example, the man, angry because he's home on a Saturday night:
"I sit here and wonder why I am single ..I go out and socialize quite a bit !..I also have a job that I travel the city too !..(I am any where form the north end of town to the south end ) east end of town to the foothills also D.T.C.area .. Thats where I see really good looking women ( Snobs, Bithces )and probably married ..But I cant wait to get home in the evening and jack off because most women in America just plain suck !...They are either fat and ugly or are so into themselves they want to serial date and have the poor guy pay for everything ...( Sorry we go out you pay your share till we are a couple)...I like women that are self supportive and have a life of their own but willing to share their time ( God I am so independant, I hate the type of women that are clingy right away )maybe I should try and bring up a few women from Mexico !....A woman that knows how to take care of her man ....Not a raging BIATCH"

Hmmm....Compelling argument from this craigslister. Although, I think the argument can be poked through with just a little thought. First of all, this was posted on a Saturday night. Can we agree that if someone socializes "quite a bit!" they would not be at home writing pathetic craigslist musings?
My other favorite is the complete lack of spell-check. Yes, I admit, sometimes I don't completely proof-read my postings either, but if I get a little red underline beneath a word, I at least make sure that the word was spelled correctly. Sadly, in this day in age it's too much to ask an "indepenadant" man to do the same. I mean, hell, if you're going to insult women in general, make sure you don't call them bithces. WTF is a bithc anyhow?
And speaking of idiocy, it was bad enough trying to get through the mediocre spelling, but obviously this gentleman has never had to pull together a written argument. He is looking for that independent woman, who is not clingy, and can pay her way through any date. Ok, that is cool. So tell me why, in the next sentence he is looking for a woman from Mexico that can take care of all his needs? I don't think most Mexican women are raised to carry the flag of feminism strongly. I could be wrong, but all the Mexican women I know stay at home watching telenovelas on a Friday night while their men are dancing at El Vaquero.

No comments: