Sunday, September 14, 2008

John McCain keeps calling me...

But first a video




...yes, John McCain keeps calling me, and Barack Obama's friends keep knocking on my door. I am one of the "kingpin" unaffiliated voters in the state of Colorado. Most states in the mountain region are vehemently Republican. Most states in the Pacific region are notoriously Democratic, but Colorado has a more unusual claim to fame. There are more unaffiliated voters in Colorado, than affiliated with any other party. I am one of them. And in the City an County of Denver, I probably stick out a little more than I should.

You see, Denver itself is very liberal. Much like Boulder. In fact, you don't even need a city limits sign to know whether or not you are in and out of Denver, all you really need to do is count the McCain or Obama signs.

But I digress, being in the city limits, Republicans are finding every independent voter they can. But strangely, they don't come door to door in my neighborhood. I just get a message from one of John's friends every so often. The Democrats are also trying to motivate their bases. In fact, I notice the creative pattern they walk up my block. I have separated the four unaffiliated voters on my street, based upon the creative walking pattern.

I'm not sure if this is a sign of things to come, or just because I am in Denver, but I've been seeing three Obama visitors for every one McCain. It could be a sign of things to come...

No comments: